In recent years, the Double Delight variety of tea-hybrid roses is gaining more and more popularity. The main advantage of the plant with thorns is abundant flowering and unpretentiousness. The hue of the petals changes as it grows.
Rose Double Delight belongs to the category of hybrid tea roses. The length of upright shoots reaches 110-150 cm. The formation of buds begins in late May. Large glossy leaf plates, painted in dark green shades, give the bushes additional decorative qualities.
For your information! In addition to two waves of flowering, up to 10 chic buds are present on the bushes, which delight with their beauty and sophistication throughout the summer period.
The diameter of the buds, classic in shape, reaches 15 cm when opened. Each terry flower has up to 40 petals. The extreme parts of the petals are painted in crimson tones. The color scheme of the petals depends on the weather. On sunny days, only the central parts of the flowers are painted in cream. The rest of the petals acquire a raspberry hue.
Note! During flowering, the garden area is filled with a fruity aroma that comes from the buds that have opened. The process of opening the buds is long. You can admire the chic flowering for 21 days.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of Double Delight rose varieties include:
- amazing appearance;
- long flowering period;
- resistance to frost;
- the presence of a pleasant fruity aroma coming from the buds;
- durability in a bouquet.
Double Delight has some disadvantages:
- lack of resistance to diseases and pests;
- the presence of poor resistance to precipitation;
- intolerance to extreme heat.
Use in landscape design
Rosa Delight will decorate any garden territory. Variegated two-color inflorescences look perfect in a single planting. Landscape designers often plant Double Delight bushes in the background of a flower garden. You can land ahead:
Note! Effectively shaded plants with thorns growing near bushes of lilac and white clematis.
Double Delight rose seedlings are planted in late April, when the threat of night frost is over. When choosing a landing site, preference should be given to well-lit areas that are reliably protected from drafts.
Experts recommend the use of fertile, loose, slightly acidic soil. A great choice would be black soil mixed with a small amount:
Tea rose variety
Step-by-step landing process:
- Before embarking, it is necessary to dig the selected area. Digging depth can reach 55-70 cm.
- Organic and mineral fertilizers are introduced into the soil.
- Digging holes for seedlings.
- The root system of the bushes is inspected in order to identify damaged roots that must be removed. Before proceeding with the planting of seedlings, it is necessary to hold the roots of the plant in the root (about 2 hours).
- The seedling descends into the pit. Roots are accurately leveled.
- The recess is filled with soil so that the root neck is located a few centimeters below the surface of the soil. The earth is being rammed.
- Under each bush, 2-3 buckets of water are poured.
- The soil is loosened and mulched by sawdust or peat. The mulch layer can reach 7 cm.
Note! For planting, it is best to purchase seedlings whose age reaches 2 years.
Properly caring for the bushes during their growth, you can grow healthy plants that will be resistant to diseases and pests. It is necessary to water roses every 4-5 days, paying attention to the surface of the earth, which should not dry out. Under each bush, you need to pour 17-20 liters of water so that the liquid reaches the root system.
In addition to watering, plants need fertilizing. At the beginning of the growing season, the plant is fertilized with nitrogen, which stimulates the growth and process of shoot formation. Top dressing is applied every three weeks. After the flowering period ends, you must stop fertilizing.
Pruning and shelter for the winter
To prepare roses for winter, you should first deal with pruning stems. The root system is sprinkled with a layer of peat. Thickness can reach 15 cm. A wooden frame is installed above the bush and polyethylene material is pulled. A layer of spruce is poured on top.
Note! So that the Double Pleasure rose continues to delight with flowering every year, it is recommended to open the root neck from the beginning of April.
To make the bushes compact in size, you can also use pruning. As soon as 4-5 leaves appear on the shoots, it is necessary to start pinching, which will help stimulate the growth of root stems. This will maximize the splendor of the bush. Weak processes in the central part of the bush are cut. Slices are made at an angle of 45 °.
Strong pruning occurs at the end of flowering. The procedure helps to restore the bush after flowering. Flowering shoots are removed along with the stems growing inside the bushes.
Double Delight tea-hybrid roses bloom in two stages: in the first weeks of June and late summer. Flowers literally dot the stems, whose height reaches 65-75 cm. In some cases, flowering does not please the owners of the site. A similar nuisance can occur against the background of:
- lack of sunlight;
- improperly selected landing zone;
- incorrect cropping. In early spring, strong thinning of branches cannot be allowed;
- lack of proper hybrid care. Systematic feeding can prevent the weakening of the bushes;
- bacterial damage.
You can buy seedlings in specialized garden centers or nurseries in which the planting material is of high quality. Seedlings go on sale in special containers. Shoots are protected by a layer of special wax, preventing them from breaking off and drying out. Such saplings of Double Pleasure roses are distinguished by their quick survival in a new place. You can expect flowering, from which you enjoy, already in the year of planting.
To independently propagate adult bushes, you must use one of two methods:
- division of the bush;
To use the first method, it is recommended to dig out the mother bush and divide the root into a couple of parts with a sharp shovel. Slicing areas are treated with a small amount of charcoal. The resulting seedlings are transplanted into pre-prepared recesses.
Important! The procedure is usually carried out in late September.
An equally popular method of propagating roses is cuttings. Harvesting is cut in the areas of lignification of shoots during the period when the bushes are just starting to bloom. The cut is made at an angle of 45 °. The resulting processes are soaked for a couple of hours in the root and planted in a container filled with peat and sand. A film material is stretched over the container, which must be systematically removed for ventilation. After 20-30 days, the cuttings will take root. In the spring they can be transplanted into the open ground.
Diseases and Pests
Double Delight roses are prone to diseases such as:
- black and powdery spotting occurring in rainy periods. The leaf plates become coated and begin to curl. To cope with trouble, you need to use foundationazole, prognosis and phloxin. Bushes are sprayed in two stages with an interval of 14 days;
- rust is a viral disease that can not be cured. The reverse side of the sheet plates is covered with a rusty coating. For preventive purposes, green spaces are sprayed with a solution of superphosphate of 3% concentration. It is also advisable to add calcium nitrate before flowering. To avoid infection of healthy bushes, it is necessary to dig out the affected ones and burn them.
Important! In addition to diseases, pests can harm bushes.
- Rosaceous aphids sucking all juices from leaf blades. Affected shoots curl against the background of a lack of nutrients. To cope with insects, it is recommended to use a spark, karbofos and confidor.
- Leaf foliage. Florists recommend collecting green caterpillars manually and systematically spraying chlorophosomes.
- Rosewood sawfly hitting young bushes. Exposure to insects provokes the drying of the green mass of the plant. For therapeutic purposes, it is recommended to carry out treatment with drugs such as actellik and karbofos.
Rosa Double Delight is a gorgeous plant that, with proper care, will delight with annual flowering. The buds are located on the shoots tightly, which is the highlight of the decorative culture.