A beautiful decorative flower with glossy leaves and unusual inflorescences is rarely seen on the windows of apartments. He is very picky in care and can upset flower growers with irregular flowering. And the thing is in the conditions required by the eskhinantus. They should be as close as possible to the conditions of the native edges of the flower. In the wild, the tropics of South Asia have maintained a suitable climate for the growth of this handsome man, where he wraps around tree trunks like vines.
Eschinanthus flower: all about the plant
The flowers of this resident of the warm countries of India and China are very unusual. On thin long tubes, they are directed in the opposite direction from the growth of shoots. Bright colors from orange to raspberry and burgundy shades will not leave indifferent their owners. To achieve regular flowering of a representative of the Gesneriev family, appropriate care is needed.
Looks great in hanging pots
- Shine. Lighting should be uniform and maximum. Leaflets look like succulents, direct sunlight leaves burns. He loves the south and west windows, but always diffused light.
- Watering. Water should be warm and soft. If the water temperature is below 23 ° C, brown spots appear on the leaves. Watering should be moderate, the surface of the soil between the moisture should dry out a few centimeters. With increased moisture, the roots quickly rot, so you should pour excess water from the pan after the next watering. In the winter months there will be enough wet expanded clay in the pan of the pot.
- Temperature. In summer, she feels comfortable at temperatures up to 25 ° C. With the onset of cold weather, you should reduce the temperature by 5-8 degrees, and in February arrange a decrease to 13-15 ° C. Such cooling will stimulate the flower to form buds and an active vegetative period. As soon as the buds begin to appear, the temperature should be increased evenly. All species of eschinanthus plants are afraid of drafts and sudden changes in temperature.
In the role of ampelic eskhinantus, it is also necessary to trim
- Humidity. In the summer, I will be grateful for spraying on hot days. It is important not to fall onto blooming buds during spraying, drops of water can provoke the appearance of brown spots.
- Fertilizer. In the period from April to September, twice a month you need to feed complex mineral fertilizers for flowering plants.
- Pruning. After flowering, long shoots are pruned by a third. To create a bush, pinch the shoots.
Reproduction and transplantation
The plant propagates by seeds, cuttings and rooting of a leaf with a kidney. The most difficult way at home is the first. Seeds are sown under glass, and then sprouts are strengthened in a greenhouse. When they are already strong, you can sit in separate large pots.
Cuttings should be cut about 10 cm with full 5-6 leaves. The bottom sheets must be removed and put in water. After 10-14 days, roots appear, and the stalk is ready for planting.
Slices of a leaf with a kidney need to be rooted in a mixture of sand and peat (in equal proportions) immediately in a small pot, which must be tightened with a film. After 10 days, the leaf should be allowed to breathe from time to time, and after another 14 days, open completely and take care of it, waiting for new shoots.
For your information! There is one secret to bush formation. To get a thick ball, you need to plant several cuttings in one pot.
You need to transplant the plant every spring after flowering. You can take a universal primer for indoor flowers or make a composite team yourself. For the soil mixture, you need to take two parts of leaf soil and peat, as well as one part of sphagnum sand and moss. The pot needs a small diameter with a good layer of drainage. Each spring, the size of the pot increases by no more than 2 cm in diameter.
The roots of the plant are tender, it is better to do transshipment. Inspecting the rhizomes for rot is necessary, since the plant is very sensitive to excess moisture. An adult flower is transplanted when the roots rush from the pot into the drainage holes. After 5-6 years, the plant loses its decorativeness, so it is completely updated.
The following varieties are very popular in Russia:
The main pride of marble eskhinantusa are patterns on the leaves. Dark leathery leaves are covered with light stripes and stains that go from the center to the edges. The flowers of this species are not bright, green-yellow in color.
The curly grade of eskhinantusa Rasta looks festive and voluminous. A bush with swirling leaves densely located on the stem gives flowers a bright scarlet shade every spring. With proper care, it blooms from April to August.
Another curly bush with thin waxed leaves, the back of which is light green. Twister's flowers are orange-red.
The shoots are also twisted in a spiral
The view of the Firebird as if descended from the pages of a fairy tale: its flowers are really similar to the tail of a fantastic bird. The base of the inflorescences is yellow, which gradually turns to bright scarlet.
The leaves of eschinanthus Carolina are pubescent with small villi, narrow and oblong.
The flowers are covered with villi, burgundy with light long stamens
Not too long shoots of this species allow you to form a beautiful thick bush with bright bunches of inflorescences at the ends of the shoots. Flowers turn from yellow to red. Sometimes along the flower there are dark stripes, the stamens are red and white.
The flowers of this species of Escinanthus Sweetheart are pale pink. The leaves are not too dark; a plant with long shoots adorns most often windows in hanging pots.
Aeschinantus Mona Lisa
Not too moody compared to his brothers. Eschinanthus Mona Lisa flowers of dark wine and burgundy shades. Leaves are rounded with a clear vein in the center.
The widespread appearance of eschinanthus Lobb pleases with its bright bunches of red-purple flowers. The leaves are light green with pointed tips.
The variety has bright tiger flowers of small size. The full length has burgundy stains and stripes, the flowers themselves are painted red, the stamens are white or yellowish. The leaves of the eschinanthus Tricolor are small, rounded.
One of the most common among fans of eskhinantusov. The magnificent view has long shoots and often acts as an ampel. Its 10-centimeter flowers are bright yellow-red.
An unusual combination of color in bundles of inflorescences of eshinanthus Robin. The tubules from which the petals appear are painted in maroon, and the flowers themselves are bright red. Shoots are long with dark green foliage.
The species eschinanthus variegated has creeping shoots. Its hard leaves are decorated with variegated stripes, and bright red inflorescences are decorated with the tips of the shoots.
The eschinanthus indoor flower is worthy of attention and proper care. Its decorative appearance during and after flowering can create an unusual composition for decorating an apartment or workplace.